Thursday, April 21, 2016
Saturday, February 27, 2016
Thursday, December 24, 2015
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
This aromatic dish is filled with succulent chunks of roasted fish mixed with seasoned onion rice and topped with golden sautéed nuts.
2 lbs. fish (orange roughy or tilapia)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 large onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups rice
4 cups water
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
1. Rinse and pat fish dry. Season with salt and paprika. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or grill until cooked through. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a small skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until golden brown.
3. In a blender, mix browned onion, water and black pepper for 30 seconds.
4. In a medium saucepan, add rice, water, salt and onion mixture. Bring to boil. Simmer covered on low fire for 15 minutes.
5. Heat oil and sauté almonds or pine nuts until golden.
6. To serve, spoon rice onto a platter. Top with fish and nuts.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Serve this dish in a shallow platter and drizzle with olive oil. Lay out green onion, cucumbers, and fresh mint with pita bread for condiments.
½ cup Burghul #1
½ cup water
1 small onion
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup walnuts
1 tablespoon dried mint
4 tablespoons Tahini
¼ cup cold water
4 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Combine onion, salt, black pepper, walnuts, mint, Tahini and cold water in blender and mix for 30 seconds.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Add burghul and onion mixture. Knead together or place in food processor and process for 2 minutes until well blended.